Charactersunited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zombie Apocolypse

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 Empty Re: Zombie Apocolypse

Post  Sennokazeni Thu May 09, 2013 7:04 am

"I'm glad someone was enjoying themselves. If I'd known how much you didn't want to be saved, Johnny, I would've left you for the Bezerker." He kept his voice light, but at the same time wished that Johnny would show a little more restraint on his humour at this present point in time. They boy was dead, and, yes they couldn't do much about it, but it just felt a little disrespectful to plough on by cracking a joke. As in way of compensation, he gave a small nod in the direction of the body. Maybe some spirit would appreciate the token of respect. He then turned towards the weeping girl, turning a you-left-me-to-do-the-talk-which-nobody-ever-wants-to-do sort of glare to Johnny. Not that Johnny would've been very good at explaining exactly why they'd remove or shatter the heads of close-to-death infected. Johnny evidently seemed to think that an explanation wasn't necessary. But Jay had found that it had helped newbies in some cases, and if anything, it pushed aside the guilty conscience that nagged at him every time something like this had had to happen.
“Listen.” It wasn’t a demand. It was some advice. “It’s difficult to kill someone you know or watch someone you know dying. But the thing is, leave them, and they’ll do something worse than die. They’ll become the thing they hated in front of your eyes. And then, of course, they’ll try and kill you and so it’ll be either them or you.”
Gloomy talk, he knew. However, said in a matter-of-fact voice, it was less of a reminder of the pain and more of an encouragement of acceptance.
“I don’t know how much of the human is left when the zombie takes over. But when I see the Mercys, I wonder if they can retain something of their human. Do they regret becoming a zombie? Would they have rather died? You can’t really ask them but if it comes to it, I’ll be grateful to the person that takes my head off.” The girl’s snuffling had diminished somewhat, so he dared to add in a conspiratorial voice: “Although if Johnny ever pisses you off, I give you permission to take his head off, regardless of whether he’s dying or not.”

Check out the length of that post...
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

http://sennokazeni.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Oncelut Sun May 12, 2013 7:32 am

"Oh yeah, don't jest at the death scene," Jonathan muttered under his breath as he twirled the bat around in his hand, absently scanning their surroundings for any unfortunate surviving zombies who might want to join in with the jokes. "Unless, of course, it's at my expense. In which case; please, go ahead. Don't worry about me, I only had to cave in a human being's head. Yes, mentally, I am just dandy." Then, with a mockingly apologetic expression he paused and spun on his heels to regard the others, eyebrows raised comically, his mouth help agape, feigning fear. "You're not going to take my head off for that are you? Just so I can, you know, trust the team of individuals whose arses I'm supposed to be saving and vise versa."

(...I think Jay hurt his feelings...idk, late night Johnny is sensitive apparently)
Oncelut
Oncelut

http://lgbtlaughs.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sennokazeni Thu May 16, 2013 7:17 am

Jay now felt that he did have a valid reason for being pissed off at Johnny. The boy chose now to be sensitive? At present, didn’t he see that it was the newbie who had priority on the whole “emotions” list? At present, she would need their help to stay alive, and that wouldn’t be aided depressive remarks. Johnny’s sarcastic reactions were in danger of undoing the work he had just done to calm the girl, and that would leave them with a cynical, self-pitying Johnny and a hyperventilating, hysterical newbie. Jay wouldn’t have minded quite so much if Johnny had waited till they got back to camp to raise his objections.
"I'm sorry if I offended you" Jay said coldly, "I judged by the fact that you were jesting yourself you might be able to take the joke.”
And he was one to complain about his sanity. The newbie would go through everything he had if she survived and probably worse, depending on how long she lived. He resisted the temptation to enter the “I’ve seem worse than you” battle. He didn’t even bother to comment on the stabbing accusation concerning trust. In his opinion, it didn’t merit a response.

Jay doesn't mind that you're hurting his feeling Johnny, he is just annoyed at the bad timing.
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Post  Oncelut Thu May 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Perhaps if he'd been more in the mood to pick a fight Jonathan would have picked a mature response. Instead he simply waited for Jay to turn his back on him and then pulled his most "charming" face and gave him a double handed middle-finger salute. Once he was done venting via childish gestures, he exhaled heavily and sulked for a moment. He was an excellent pouter when he wanted to be.
He started cheering up as everyone else gradually started moving on, the action giving him something to distract himself with, clambering up onto the skeletal buildings to acquire a better view of the city around them. (cough, lemme edit/continue this later. School)
Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sennokazeni Fri May 17, 2013 6:38 am

Wait, Johnny goes immature and climbs a building, thus all his anger is magically dissapated?
Wow.
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Post  Oncelut Sat May 18, 2013 3:17 am

(Yes, that is how it works. My changable kitten is changable, mental unstable, self-centred and he wants attention. Excuse him for being human.)
oh and Icba to edit. You may continue xD
Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sennokazeni Sat May 18, 2013 6:29 am

Okay, so I may have just giving this person on DA the idea that I was good at drawing by calling my sketches "doodles". "Doodles" was easier to say than "Actually, without stock images, I'm pretty bad". And Japanese social convention tells me to degrade my own work.

I will reply soon.
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Post  Oncelut Sun May 19, 2013 12:30 am

I think humanity's incessant ability to be self-degrading and falsely modest in an attempt to avoid appearing arrogant is an international thing, and if it helps, no one can draw without stock images, except satan... and those weird bastards who can *shivers* draw. Urgh. Lucky arseholes.
Congrats on your DA stardom though Razz you take those compliments and you feel proud bro Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mjxfm0qibJ1qz4rgp
Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sennokazeni Mon May 27, 2013 6:45 am

Hoping that Johnny would say nothing more, Jay turned towards home - camp, that was. They'd found and retrieved pretty much everything they'd come out to get, and continuing on with a bereaved newbie and a moody Johnny would be asking for trouble. Shifting his pack a little so that the straps didn't eat into his shoulders quite so much, he started off at a slow pace, trusting that everyone would follow behind him. In his peripheral vision, he glimpsed Johnny climbing up onto a building, and bit back a disparaging sigh. If the boy fell and broke his neck he would have no-one but himself to blame. Glancing upwards to bring him into full sight, he saw that Johnny’s expression no longer conveyed the cynicism that is had bore less than a minute ago, and felt somewhat envious that Johnny could break out of a foul mood so easily. That wasn’t improving his mood at all; he realised that he was scowling and hurriedly retuned his facial expression to neutrality.
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Post  Oncelut Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:59 am

(Jay's concern is just touching, and yes, ENVY Johnny's Bipolar-ness, ENVVVVVY it)

Feeling perfectly radiant as the after-effects of the rush of adrenaline kicked in, Jonathan set aside his spat with Jay and mentally marvelled at how particular apocalyptic the world was looking today. The journey back to camp consisted of a lot of passing by destroyed or decaying buildings. Since this was Arizona (boom. Location choice. If we previously decided on a different on, I forgot) the vast majority of the land was desert, thus it really helped to touch up the whole "wasteland" vibe America was been going for recently. Johnny was pans, that was half gay, thus he was well versed in the details of "country fashion".

Since the group moved in mainly silence, save for the newbie's badly-stifled sobbing, Jonathan amused himself. Three years of being a member of the infected, send on too many raids for him to count, had all resulted in him being sublimely capable in entertaining himself. He was confident he had invented one-player eye-spy. Since winning never mattered, it instead induced a bizarre tranquil sensation, rather like being high. The baking sun of that day and the way the desert managed to absorb and then swelter heat helped. Still, it was nice to be out of the camp, the vast expanse of the land was rather refreshing after having been cooped up in a cage where you're a "disease carrier" everywhere you go.
Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sennokazeni Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Lar de dar.
OMG why is this writing post thing now white.
I swear it was black before.
Halp/
And what is it with this font spacing?
ANyways

Jay tried to walk with perfect confidence, at the same time scanning around for any unwanted surprises.  He really didn't like walking in the old towns, with their collapsed buildings and cluttered alleys.  There were too many shadows, too many crevices for creatures to hide in, waiting to pounce on passerbyers.  He was quite glad when they left the gloom of the ghost town for the scorching heat of the desert.  Luckily the camp wasn't too far of a trek, he could see it from the edge of the town; but it was only up close that you got the scale of the place.  True, it housed over ten thousand people (I think this is a kind of rational estimate?), but that didn't stop the size of the place from aweing him every time he approached it.  Even in zombie-filled times when you would've thought people wanted nothing more than to be jammed in close proximity for the sheer comfort of knowing that somebody'll notice if you go missing, but it seemed that even now people wanted their personal space.
Especially the non-infected from the infected.  There's a confusing mixture of anger, despondency and empathy whenever Jay thought about the divide that was so prominent in camp life.  He'd never really suffered from any form of prejudice before the apocalypse, and in sickening vanity had then dismissed the eventuality of becoming infected himself. 

Last edited by Sennokazeni on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Okay, I don't know what's happened here. The font is all odd)
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Post  Oncelut Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:03 am

omg I see the change now. This is unnerving... and yes, it did used to be black.

As they drew close to the camp, Johnny dropped back to hang behind Jay, keeping close to his shoulder so that he was just a heartbeat behind him. Normally he found he had no problem with being vocal or outwardly confident about despising the "system" when he was in the camp or far away from it, but it was in these brief periods of approaching it that he felt sick with an unwanted fear. A cold sweat invariably broke out on the back of his neck and in his palms, even though he berated himself for it, and assured himself over and over again that this time, like every other time, they weren't all going to get shot.

In his defence, the return to the camp was an intimidating sight. Stationed behind the first line of defences (a corrugated line of fence which was trimmed with barbed wire, coupled with outposts positioned every twenty metres or so) were the armed guards of the camp, employed by the group of rulers that Johnny so loved to hate. Despite the baking heat of Arizona, they were all glad in thick black leather, some even going as far as to wear protective head gear (effective against zombie bites, mostly). 

Upon spotting the approach of the rag-tag team of infected scavengers, five of these military guards surged towards the gate. The man/woman (hard to tell in their concealing uniforms) at the front then yelled out, "Breaching!" Before the unbolted the huge metal lock across the gate. Opening it, the five moved out into the expanse before the camp, hurriedly securing the gate behind them. 
"Halt!" A low, male voice commanded Johnny and the rest of the group, the guards keeping their distance. Cocking their weapons, the five took aim of the approaches, locking onto their heads. By now they recognised them, but that never stopped the guards from loving to aim their toys at them, just to remind them who was in charge.  
Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sennokazeni Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 am

And the colour palette is strange.

Jay duly did as he was told as they re-entered the routine that ran as surely as if it were clockwork.  One of the very few perks things about being sent into the zombie-scattered outside was the escape from the regimental order of camp life.  The same voice which had shouted the order to halt proceeded to say, as usual "Names!", in a voice which always reminded Jay of the old military processions which used to be on TV whenever something special was going on.  He answered for each of them, pronouncing each name almost patronizingly clearly.  The guard didn't ask after the newbie boy they had left behind -  to them, the loss of an infected was the same as the loss of a low-quality tool that they had plenty of anyway.  It was his annoyance that made him answer the next question - dispatch time and mission - before it was asked, which was responded with a sharp "Answer when you're asked, infected!"  The collective sinister clicking noises that Jay was sure wouldn't actually do anything but wasn't to keen to try the theory out made him keep a civil tongue for the rest of the interrogation.
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Post  Oncelut Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:28 am

ikr? the hellz, I miss having to manually type out the colour Razz or maybe complaining is just fun... and Johnny much approves of Jay and his sass, even if he has gone into hopeless coward mode.

Biting back at smirk at Jay's blatant mocking of the guards, Johnny found himself relaxing subsequently. Humour would get them through this. 
Once Jay had finished complying with their ridiculous interrogation, the guards took a few steps closer and lowered their guns a little. "Strip," one barked. Used to this by now, Jonathan obeyed orders and removed his clothes, down to his underwear. The newbie girl seemed horrified at the prospect, but when the guard yelled at her for her hesitation, she hurriedly followed suit. 

The removed clothes were then collected, shoved inside a black back and only every touched by a large pair of metallic tweezers, and then the guards bellowed out an order for the pump to be brought through. The pump was essentially a basic, if slightly large hose like those back from before the apocalypse, which was fed through the gaps in the fencing. The leader of the five, a woman it seemed judging by her voice, then commanded the group to all line up and face them. 

Briefly, before it started, Johnny glanced down at the remaining newbie and cackled internally. She had no idea what was going on, and judging by her terrified expression and the way she was eyeing the guns, she seemed convinced she was to be shot. "Close your eyes," Jonathan advised her in a hissed whisper. She simply stared back at him, petrified, before she then swallowed and screwed her eyes shut. Doing the same, if more calmly, Jonathan waited, counting in his head. "Clear," someone shouted. Silence followed, which was then broken by a soft, distant hissing sound.

Then the loud whooshing noise of high-pressure water being ejaculated became audible, and beside him, Jonathan heard the newbie girl whimper. Shortly following that the water hit him, icy and on full-pressure so that it stung his skin, leaving it raw and flushed. The water quickly rotated to cover his entire body, most prominent when it scoured the various crevices and contours of his face, before it eventually moved onto the next victim. "Turn," a guard ordered once everyone had been rinsed on their fronts, and thus Jonathan swivelled around so that his back was to the camp.

also :3 http://i-believe-in-you-my-apollo.tumblr.com/post/53677729189
Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sennokazeni Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:51 am

Jay glanced at the girl, shamed that he had neglected to mention the homecoming welcome procedure.  He gave a huff of relief when Johnny started telling the girl what to do.  The cynic was showing a protective side - the boy was an enigma sometimes.  He didn't have much time to dwell on this before the all clear was called.  Closing his eyes, he fixed a neutral expression on his face - not at all as if he was being pummelled by a barrelload of water which was making him feel as if he was being slapped repeatedly.  As they finished the front, he reluctantly turned his back to the encampment.  He was feeling exposed enough as it was.  When they were done with the spray, Jay blinked away the water that had streamed down into his eyes.  That was the only reaction to the harsh treatment that he himself to show the guards.
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Post  Oncelut Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:30 am

Eventually, after they'd all been washed back and front, the hissing noise died down and the water was cut off. Jonathan stood there suppressing a shiver, his usually erratic, fly-away hair drenched, clinging in pitiful tendrils to his face. Sniffling elegantly, he wiped what water he could from his sopping fringe and nose and then turned back around to face the guards. They had retreated back into the perimeter of the fencing, but now the gate was left open, the snipers in the watchtowers fixed upon it.

Wiping down some of the water from his skin, Jonathan sighed in relief in getting that over and done with and then his eyes found Jay. Grinning in a lewd, goofy kind of fashion, Jonathan side-stepped around the newbie girl and fell into place beside Jay's shoulder, wedging his way in. "Nothing like a refreshing shower after the delights of a classic zombie hunt," he remarked with his usual dry sarcasm. He watched Jay rather than the guards, who were now shouting for them to hurry up and get their asses inside.

(...Jonathan. Stop... *sigh* I think we all know what he's doing.)
Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 Tumblr_static_grantaire
Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sennokazeni Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:32 am

Jay didn't have any witty comeback at that point - the guns were rather high on his priority list  at the time - and lengthened his stride to hurry on into the camp.  Much as he was loth to admit it, the lack of clothing made him feel uncomfortable and vulnerable.  The gates closed with a resounding clang on their heels, and Jay wondered whether they'd ever managed to squash any unfortunate infected who hadn't managed to move quickly enough.  Probably.  Rooting through the large bin-like sack he dug out a set of unisex, one-size-fits-all (which really fit nobody) clothes.  No hope of getting towels; they could dry off in the muggy, post-apocalyptic heat.  Shrugging into the clothes took an ungainly amount of hopping and jumping when soggy.
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Post  Oncelut Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Pre-apocalypse, Jonathan had never really given two shits about what he wore, yet even he felt oddly offended as he pried out his clothes. Perhaps it was his inner-gay being fabulous or whatever, but he really preferred it when clothes were decent enough to at least cover his midriff sufficiently. Sometimes being a beanpole had its drawbacks.

Still, he was used to it by now. Shaking his head out like a dog, Jonathan stepped out from the entrance section, cheerfully spraying anyone in the immediate vicinity with water droplets. Here, in the infected section of the camp, everyone was dressed up in the same god-awful unisex attire, so it wasn't as if he was the only one wearing ill-fitting clothes. It did rather give the place a sort of prison-like atmosphere, however.

Glancing back at Jay, he gave him his usual 'home sweet home' grin and then waited for him to finish falling about as he attempted to don his clothes, not really trying very hard not to snicker.

Sorry it took so long, I'm half asleep this holiday. Also, excuse Jonathan's sass. I'd forgotten how sassy he was. also I want to hug Jay and his awkward clothes-wearingness =w=
Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sennokazeni Mon May 05, 2014 7:49 am

Jay noticed Johnny's smirk, and tried very hard to pretend that he hadn't.  Gathering the shreds of dignity he had left, he straightened the god-damn awful outfit and strode towards the living quarters of the camp, assuming that Johnny would follow and feeling slightly vindicated that when he did, he would have to run, or at least walk briskly, to keep up.
His satisfaction didn't last long, though.  Any positive feeling were leeched out of a person once they set foot in this camp.  The oppressive, grey buildings had an air of neglect, even when they were packed almost to bursting with infected.  The number had gradually risen in the time he'd been there, mostly as the "freelancers" were faced with the harsh reality that they couldn't go it alone, no matter how zombie-savvy they thought they were.  With each new arrival from that route, Jay wondered how he could have been so stupid to have thought he would have done better by himself.  They aught to have had better propaganda he thought dryly to himself.  I could have been comfortably lounging amongst the non-infected, without a care in the world... Instead, I'm here
Here was an overcrowded, oppressive city.  Here was a place with a brutally strict regime of near-constant work.  Here was place where the infected, the new scum of society, lived.
Here was...home.  And that was the tragic thing.

(Aww Jay. *cuddles*)
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 Empty We can title this stuff?

Post  Oncelut Tue May 06, 2014 3:05 am

Recovering from his laughing fit, Jonathan broke into a loping jog to catch up, returning to Jay's side. It was fairly obvious from the dark haired boy's expression that he was hosting some sort of bitter internal monologue within the confines of his elegantly rugged head. Probably one involving big words like 'vindicated' that, back when the world was equipped with such things, Jonathan would have had to google to understand. Still, he was more than used to Jay's moody moments, and thus was perfectly content to just smile cheerfully and wait until Jay was feeling a little more perky.
Glancing round at the rest of the city, humming quietly as he did so, Jonathan wondered what work would be assigned to them now. Their adventures out into the big, bad, zombie-infested world were never satisfactory to the higher-ups. They always brought back too few supplies, or wasted too much ammunition, or took too damn long. Either way, out there somewhere there'd be a nice man/woman with a gun waiting for their return, a lecture already prepared.
At least now they could eat some real food. He'd never been a fan of their dry 'supplies'. Ah, food...
Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sennokazeni Tue May 06, 2014 3:18 am

ARGH I DID IT AND IT WENT NOOOOOO
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Post  Oncelut Tue May 06, 2014 3:22 am

Sennokazeni wrote:ARGH I DID IT AND IT WENT NOOOOOO

It did that to me too brother. always copy it before you hit send. Fail safe and all that.

Or, alternatively, join me in murdering this website for its sins.

BURN THEM ALL.

Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mlwp7dJO5s1qlmm4i

Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 Empty YES WE CAN

Post  Sennokazeni Tue May 06, 2014 3:25 am

Well. Round 2

Hearing footfalls behind him confirmed that Johnny had indeed followed.  He didn't really have much choice in the matter, they were both headed for the same place.  The disciplinary centre, at the heart of the camp, was where everyone reported after returning from an outing, and where they would receive "advice" over what they could improve on the next time they ventured into the great outdoors.  Jay already knew what this discussion would be about, and was dreading it.  Losing on of your team always earned a sterner reprimand.
Jay was jerked from his reverie when he heard a fervent mutter of "food".  Turning his head, he raised an eyebrow at Johnny quizzically.
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 Empty Holy shizz. Gotta think of something deep to title this... something with real pizazz.

Post  Oncelut Tue May 06, 2014 3:33 am

Jonathan returned Jay's curious glance with the utmost seriousness, his brow furrowing.  "I. Am. Hungry," he said as a stilted explanation, confident that Jay knew him well enough to not think that he'd lost it. He then quickened the pace, walking backwards briefly to urge Jay onwards with a whiny, "Come on." The sooner they got the stupid 'advice' meeting over with the sooner they could go and eat real, heated food. Besides, being the unspoken leader, Jay would be the one to get the majority of the blame for the dead kid. Most of the higher-ups had learnt by now that heated lectures went right over Jonathan's head, and thus had mostly given up on focusing their anger on him.    
Oncelut
Oncelut

Back to top Go down

Zombie Apocolypse - Page 2 Empty IKR

Post  Sennokazeni Tue May 06, 2014 4:22 am

Jay hoped that Johnny had realised that this meeting would take a long time, and that he would have to wait some time before they would be able to eat.  It was alright for him, he could take these lectures without batting an eyelid, all the while exuding a practiced air of boredom that implied that he could leave if he really wanted to, just he didn't feel like it at present.  Jay wasn't so lucky, one of them had to pretend to be listening, otherwise they might be seen as insolent, or worse, disobedient.
His apprehension grew as they drew close the building.  He didn't quite see how it had happened to be, but his team tended to be the most...accident-prone.  It wasn't like they actively went looking for zombies, they just seemed to run into them more often any other of the groups.  He didn't want to count how many they'd lost on outings, thinking about it made his insides writhe with guilt.  
And Johnny was thinking about food.
Sennokazeni
Sennokazeni

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum